Saturday, March 29, 2014

Today in a Chinese Christian School

About 300 children and teens study in a Chinese Christian school in downtown Buenos Aires.  Their school curriculum includes Saturday classes.  

Graciela, the School Principal, divided the student body into two assemblies for me. 

I had from K through 6th grade at 3 PM. Check out these delightful faces!

Perfume and Felipe did their stuff. 


I taught the smaller kids a song with the accordion.

Then I drew them a reversible face and gave them the "bad news... 


...Good News message... short version.


At 4 PM the 7th through 12th grades gathered.

What a delightful bunch! Both groups!  

They tell me that a few speak only a little Spanish, but most understand well. 

After each message I closed with prayer. I think that the parents of some of these youth are business people who may have other religious backgrounds.

How do I get myself into these things? The answer is just one word: Jesus! 

A lovely young lady named Ana happened to be among the 90,000 youth in the stadium last December. She tells me that God touched her with my brief message that night, leaving her in tears. 

She followed through finding me on Facebook or somewhere and made contact via email. She is part of the large Chinese community in this great city and connected me with this school where she had graduated... working out all the details.  

Beside this she supplied me with a thumb-drive wireless internet modem! Oh how I needed that! I have been struggling all week, having to carry my computer down stairs and set up on a bench in the hall sometimes in the middle of the night. And she refuses to let me pay the bill to keep it going.

Ana recently completed her studies as a medical doctor and will take her final exams in a couple of weeks. She wants to give her life for Jesus!  

Ralph