Sunday, September 11, 2016

Speak, Lord.

Sunday 9-11-2016 Home in Modesto
Scripture Reading: Daniel 1 – 2   Rev 16
S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer SOAP for the soul.

S.  Dan 2:28 But there is a God in heaven who reveals secrets
Vs. 46-48 Then King Nebuchadnezzar fell on his face, prostrate before Daniel, and commanded that they should present an offering and incense to him. The king answered Daniel, and said, "Truly your God is the God of gods, the Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets, since you could reveal this secret." Then the king promoted Daniel and gave him many great gifts; and he made him ruler over the whole province of Babylon…
NKJV


O.  King Nebuchadnezzar had asked the impossible of his wise men… to tell him the dream he had dreamed, plus the interpretation. How could anyone know what he had dreamed? But Daniel went in prayer “Speak, Lord”, I cannot do this without You. And “There is a God in heaven Who reveals secrets…” and He answered Daniel’s prayer. This great king had to know what he had demanded was humanly impossible… and he is so impressed by Daniel’s explanation… that this mighty king falls on his face before a Jewish captive, Daniel, and rewards him with the position of Governor of Babylon. That’s big!


A.  I doubt that I have ever had a dream that required an interpretation. But the Lord has often spoken softly to my heart and changed the direction I was heading… to reach out to someone… or to many. The deist admits the existence of God the Creator, but believe that He no longer intervenes in the ways of men. But I know I have a God that is concerned about the lost and tries to gently direct my paths to make me more fruitful for His kingdom.


P.  What a mighty God we serve! You are not only powerful, but also gentle. Breathe upon me this morning as I stand in the pulpit and minister to the congregation of Airport Assembly of God. For me a dream is not enough, Lord I need a Holy Spirit anointing. Speak Lord through me any way you choose. And may You open hearts to reveal Your secret, personal message to each of them, because You really care.  Amen.

Ralph
                                          Speak, Lord
                                              By Ralph W. Hiatt

Speak Lord,
         In the voice of a flower
                   Whose delicate petals and soft shades of color
                            Form harmonious music amid rich perfume.
Speak Lord,
         In the howl of the wind
                   And the crashes of thunder.
                            Speak with adversity.  Speak even with pain.
Speak Lord,
         In the laughter of children
                   And with songs of the meadowlark
                            Wrapped in a rainbow, the pastels of spring.
Speak Lord,
         In the cry of the heathen
                   As their wail and their chants rise
                            To sculptured gods with bulging eyes and deaf ears.
Speak Lord,
         In the sound of the silverware
                   Teasing the crystal of over-filled plates.
                            May the music of plenty not drown out the     
                                     Plea of the hungry, the moan of the sick
                                               And the uncontrolled sobs of the lost.
Speak Lord,
         Through holy pages of ancient writ from distant culture.
                   Speak Thy commands and clarify my options.
                            Make Thy voice clear and relevant to me in my world.
Speak Lord,
         And may I pause to listen.
                                                            Written 01-22-1981 and published in the Pentecostal Evangel that year, I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment