Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Rest under "The Arbor"

Every day is another adventure here in Argentina. Today is the day they greet you with, “Feliz Día de la Primavera” meaning “Happy First Day of Spring.” There will be big festivals and fireworks. It is a holiday and all the kids are out of school. I have just driven up into the foothills to a retreat hostel called “La Pergola” meaning “The Arbor.”
It is operated by one of our AG Argentine minister couples. They have it especially for ministers and wives that need a rest. I figured I needed a break after ministering ten times this past week.
A few moments after I arrived, Ernesto Villareal, the pastor of one of our AG churches in Carlos Paz, about a 45 minute drive from here, got the word that I was here and has asked me to preach there tonight. I am delighted to do it. I'll rest tomorrow.

Friday morning I will take a winding highway that climbs the Cordoba Sierras to the top (3950 feet alt) and descends on the western side of the range. There in a tourist town called Villa de Merlo, Pastor Angel Gras and his family are starting a new church. I will minister to their small group of new converts on Friday night and then we will do an open-air evangelistic outreach at 4 PM on Saturday in the plaza with Felipe and the Hawaiian guitar. Later Saturday night I’ll drive another two hours to Villa Mercedes to preach Sunday AM and then to the city of Justo Daract for the evening service.

Wish you were here. I know you would love this stuff.

Ralph