Monday, January 23, 2012

Tall Candles

I have never thought of myself as a children's evangelist. I know there are some that dedicate themselves totally to this worthy ministry. But I do love little kids and the Lord never ceases to give me opportunities to minister to them.
Last Thursday I enjoyed ministering once again to K through 5th grades at Sacramento's great Capital Christian School. (Above) What a blessing to touch these little lives!

Yesterday and today I ministered in Sanctuary Christian Fellowship AG in Salinas at the invitation of my friend, Rev. Jim Wallace, who is directing their elementary school. Yesterday's Sunday morning services was mostly directed to the youth and adults.


This morning, Monday, I ministered to the beautiful group of kids at the Salinas Christian School, preschool to 5th grade.



They loved Perfume and Felipe and were highly responsive to the message.
In both Sacramento and Salinas, the best possible pictures were lost because they happened after the service was over and after the photographer handed the camera back to me. In both cases the littlest kids spontaneously gathered around me to hug my legs and ask questions. And this morning in Salinas, after almost all the children had gone back to their classrooms, the 3rd graders came rushing to me and showered me with love. The hugging scene was missed, but I handed the camera to Jim and they posed along with Gary Sawyer, their teacher.
Years ago, when I was teaching teachers, I placed two candles on the table and lit them. One was a tall candle and the other a little short one. Then I told the students, "One of these candles represents the little children we are teaching and other one the adults." And I asked them, "Which of these two candles represents the little kids?" Someone immediately pointed to the little one, but they were wrong. That little one represents my life which very soon will be all burned out. These little children are the tall candles that have their whole lives ahead of them to light up their world with the love of Jesus.

Ralph