Monday, November 16, 2015

Fading Glory

Monday   11-16-15   San Salvador, El Salvador

Scripture reading:    2 Cor 3 – 6

S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  2 Cor 3:13  We are not like Moses, who put a veil over his face so the people of Israel would not see the glory fading away.  NLT


O.  Moses had met with God on the mountain and the radiance from such close proximity to God was so bright when he came down from the mountain that he had to cover his face to keep the glow from blinding the public.  But as time passed the glow faded and Paul appears to be saying that Moses kept wearing the veil long after the glow had faded away... perhaps so the public would not see that it had faded.

Observation 1: Hang around God enough and it just might show.

Observation 2: God’s glory in our lives always fades with time.  He doesn’t want us to get puffed up with a permanent dosage.

Observation 3: God wants me to frequently return to Him for a fresh charge.  He is my Source.


A.  I admit it.  Nobody has ever reached for their sunglasses to keep my face from blinding them with the radiance of Christ.  Maybe it is because I am far too busy to spend 40 days on some mountain alone with God.  Or maybe it is because the Lord knows that I would become proud of my shining face.  Whatever the case, I think I need to climb the mountain again and seek His presence for a recharge.


P.  Lord, it’s true.  I think sometimes we actually look different for a little while after spending time alone with You.  If I ever catch Your heavenly glow, I would like to keep it, but I know You would choose to allow it to fade away with time.  You are protecting me from my worst enemy... myself... with my sinful, proud heart.  Dear Lord Jesus, may I become less and less concerned about how the public perceives me... and more and more concerned about spending time in Your presence.  Amen.


Ralph




No comments:

Post a Comment