Tuesday, December 22, 2015

My Hour of Glory

Tuesday   12-22-15  Home in Modesto 

Scripture reading:    John 12 - 14

S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  John 12:23-25  Jesus replied, "The time has come for the Son of Man to enter into his glory.  The truth is, a kernel of wheat must be planted in the soil. Unless it dies it will be alone — a single seed. But its death will produce many new kernels — a plentiful harvest of new lives.  Those who love their life in this world will lose it. Those who despise their life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 


John 13:31-32  As soon as Judas left the room, Jesus said, "The time has come for me, the Son of Man, to enter into my glory, and God will receive glory because of all that happens to me.  And God will bring me into my glory very soon.  NLT


O.  Jesus has repeatedly spoken of “His hour” or the “Hour when the Son of Man will be glorified.”  It was not the hour when He entered the city on a donkey and crowds surrounded him praising God for their King.  That hour had already passed.  But now as He approaches the hour of His crucifixion, He clarifies that His hour of glory is linked to His death.  He will be lifted up upon a cruel cross and draw all men unto Him.  Can it be that my Jesus lived for and often spoke of the hour of His humiliation and His cruel death as His most glorious moment?  He sweats blood.  His hour had finally come.


A.  I was in my second term as a missionary and was invited to preach to a great international congress of 6,000 youth leaders in Venezuela.  Was that the hour of my glory?  Or was it when I was preaching in a tiny crowded house on stilts to 13 people, some standing, others sitting on the floor with only a kerosene lamp for light?  Is my “hour of glory” attached to how many thousands were in the crowd applauding my message?  My Jesus suffered extreme pain, humiliation and death and He calls it His “Hour of Glory”! 


P.  Wonderful Lord Jesus, in following You I have found that “up is down”, “high is low” and glorification is often found in humiliation.  So one more time, Jesus, take me to the cross... the ugly cross that You made beautiful.  I cast my little seed to the ground, stomp it into the soil and let it die.  And may that become “my hour of glory” too.  For with that death You promise me “much fruit”.  Amen.


Ralph




No comments:

Post a Comment