Saturday, January 23, 2016

Who’s Who?

Friday  1-22-16 (Home in Modesto, California)   
  
Scripture reading for today:    Exod 3 – 5  Luke 22

S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  Ex 3:6 "I am the God of your father — the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob."

Vs 3:11  But Moses said to God,"Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?" NKJV

Ex 3:6 Let me identify Myself.  I AM God, the Creator of the universe, God of your fathers. 

Vs 11 Yeah, God, but who am I?  (RNUHV) (Reduced New Unauthorized Hiatt Version)


O.  Brother Moses is out in the desert with his father in law’s sheep and sees a flaming bush that just keep burning.  He sneaks over to check it out.  But Wow!  A powerful voice comes out of the fire.  And God identifies Himself with “I AM.”  From there on it is “But... But... Wh..wh..why me?  Wh..who am I?  Me? Go to Pharoah? You’ve got to be kidding. I hope. ”  “You are my chosen vessel. I have been getting you ready for 80 years.  I schooled you in all the wisdom of Egypt and you flunked.  Now I have given you 40 quiet years at “desert school”.  I think you’re ready to go.”


A.  One day my son Tim and I were driving across the Patagonian desert when we saw a large flame of fire in the distance.  As we drew close, we stopped the car and hiked over to it. Too bad!  No voices.  Just a pipe sticking out of the ground burning off gas.  I thought, What a waste! Anyway this same God that attracted the attention of that curious 80 year old shepherd... Yes, the One and Only “I AM” God, looked my way one day and said, “Okay boy, I am sending you to Argentina!”  “But... but... who am I?  I’m a nobody.”  “Yep, you’re right on.  I’ve been trimming you down to size and now that you finally know you are a nobody, I think you’re ready to go.”


P.  Lord, the Apostle Paul tells us that your first choices are those nearest to the bottom rungs of the ladder.  (1 Cor. 1:26-31)  So here am I, send me.  And if anything good happens I’ll know that You did it... it sure wasn’t me.  Amen.


Ralph


  



No comments:

Post a Comment