Thursday, October 1, 2015

“Give me a few who will give up everything.” Jesus

Thursday   10-01-15  Madrid, Spain

Scripture reading:    Zech 10-12    Ps 126    Luke 14

S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Luke 14:27-28  And you cannot be my disciple if you do not carry your own cross and follow me. "But don't begin until you count the cost.  Vs 33  So no one can become my disciple without giving up everything for me.  NLT


O.  When Jesus gave an “altar call” who would dare to step forward?  “Count the cost.  You will have to give up everything!”  Obviously Jesus was not trying to get a huge following.  He was just wanting the few that were willing to give up their all and follow Him.


A.  If I gave an altar call like this would anyone ever respond?  Many times I have asked youth to come plant the seed of their lives in the soil.  I have preached a very hard message with the words of Jesus.  “If a grain of wheat does not fall to the ground and die it will remain sterile.  But if it dies it will bring forth much fruit.  (John 12:24)  And often the altar is filled with “dying” youth willing to pay the price.  A few years later you will find them reaping an incredible harvest.


P.  Jesus, You never did sugar-coat Your message.  I should never try to woo lost sinners to come to You with promises of health and wealth.  Although You often respond with miraculous health and wealth, I must let them know that they are walking out of a life of “me-first” into a life of “You-first”.  May my message be aligned faithfully with Your message!   Amen.



Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment