Saturday, June 11, 2016

When He knocks, may I run to answer the door!

Saturday 6-11-2016  (Martinez, Argentina) 
Scripture Reading:  Song 4 - 8    Phil 1
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Song of Solomon 5:2  I sleep, but my heart is awake; It is the voice of my beloved! He knocks, saying, "Open for me, my sister, my love...”  (But she delays.)
Vs 6  I opened for my beloved, But my beloved had turned away and was gone. My heart leaped up when he spoke. I sought him, but I could not find him; I called him, but he gave me no answer.  NKJV 

O.  Solomon’s Song is a love story in highly descriptive poetry.  In one moment the bride speaks and in another the groom.  I find this NKJV version helpful as the translators have attempted to separate and identify the speakers. 
Both Jesus Christ and the Apostle Paul make comparisons between a powerful matrimonial love and our relationship with God.

A.  There are moments when the Holy Spirit knocks upon the door of my heart.  It can be while I listen to a preacher.  It may be as I contemplate the beauty of the waves of the sea as they crash with such power against the rocks.  It can happen as I lay upon my bed in reflection.  It can happen at unexpected moments.  In Solomon’s love story, the groom knocks upon the  bride’s door, but she delays to answer and finally, when she does, he is gone.  Yes, there have been many circumstances in my life when opportunity knocked.  A decision had to be made.  A delay could mean a lost opportunity.  

P.  Lord Jesus, is that You knocking on the door of my heart?  I’m coming!  Yes, I’ll be with You in a moment!  My beloved Lord, when You knock, may I be quick to answer.  May I recognize Your voice.  I thank You that even when I have delayed, when I later sought You, You let me find You again.  I may have lost an opportunity, but You have never abandoned me.  Please keep me sensitive, ready to quickly respond at Your call.  Amen.                                                          

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment