Monday, January 16, 2012

"Let's go for a hike!"

Tim and the grandkids had the day off since it is Martin Luther King Day.

At first we talked about going to Tioga Pass at the 9,900 foot level above Yosemite to take advantage of the fact that the snow has not blocked the roads yet and we could hike up to a lake.
That would have been fun, but it is an all-day trip. Anyway I talked to Jesus about it and, although I feel great, I decided not to push it that far after my light stroke Christmas Day and 3 days in the hospital.

So we drove up into the foothills to the Redhill area, near Chinese Camp,
parked the car and followed a trail to the top of a hill.
No big deal, just lots of fun. From the top we had a 360 degree view and could see all the way to the San Pedro Reservoir in the distance.




Check out how I can hold Evan in the palm of my hand.



Then we visited the "ghost town" section of Chinese Camp. Didn't find any ghosts, only a cute 16 year old blonde named Michelle.




One of the buildings had totally collapsed and others were locked up tight.

From there we enjoyed checking out antiques at Jamestown, plus a tasty lunch which included a wonderful peach-raspberry pie alamode. I should have taken of picture of that, but at the moment I could only think of devouring it!

Tomorrow I am scheduled to see the surgeon who may perform the surgery to clear out the 80 to 90% blockage in my right carotid artery. The Lord miraculously allowed this serious situation to be discovered, although I never could have imagined it. God is good! And he still may have a few things on His list for me to do... and for you, too. So hang in there. There is nothing like walking with God!

Ralph