Saturday, July 28, 2012

Back Yard Blues

Here I am… back home in Modesto, California and getting some much needed rest. Doin’ some “readin’, writin’ and ‘ritmetic.”  Catchin’ up on financial records, reading accumulated mail and filing. But I confess that I’m not very good at sittin’ around.  Oh yeah, I do my pushups and my two mile morning walk to keep my body from turning to jelly, but I need something in the hopper; some fresh dreams, plans, hopes.  I need to be going places, to have commitments, to sense usefulness. 

It’s not exactly like I have nothing to do.  There is the garage to clean out, the palm trees and the topiaries to trim.  But the palm trees are too tall to reach without having a helper to hold the ladder and to catch me when I fall… and it’s too hot to trim the topiaries… and the garage is a virtual oven… so after I think about it a little while… those thoughts totally wear me out and I decide I need to rest up a little on the living room couch… ha.
I think my trouble is… after Argentina’s demanding, adventurous excitement... life in Modesto is far too easy. 

Not to worry:  I have set my potential date to return to Argentina at October 2nd, Lord willing.  This will get me there in time for the National AG Pastors Conference and I am already planning a potential itinerary to include dozens of cities where I have not ministered for many years.
This coming Sunday I’ll be preaching for a “first time Missions Convention” in a Spanish speaking church, both for the morning "Faith Promise" service and for their 5 PM banquet. 

And, yes, I know where I could contact pastors here and no doubt schedule myself to preach every week.  So I may do that… “mañana.”  

Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment