Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Budding Missionary Hugs a Fading Missionary


My friend, Sam, wrote me an encouraging word.  I answered:
 
Sam,

The truth is that I can only be one influence in the lives of these kids.  They have parents that probably will be their greatest influence… then their teachers that have them for many hours.  I come and go and can only plant a seed in many cases.  But seeds planted may someday sprout up into a great tree. 
I make it a point to call the children, youth and adults to their knees in prayer when the Holy Spirit is moving at the close of the message.  At the altar last night I prayed, as I usually do, with people who were kneeling all around.  When I got to some of the many children on their knees I found their little bodies trembling with sobs.  God is up to something.  Who knows?  He may be calling a missionary or a great evangelist to His divine service.

Often, when the meeting is over and people are asking me to play something again on the Hawaiian guitar, little kids are waiting in line to give me a hug.  This little darling gave me a hug and let me know that, already at a previous missionary service, God had called her to be a missionary.
 
The old song says, "It will be worth it all when we see Jesus!"

Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment