Friday, December 28, 2012

Nice Family Stuff



Christmas has been my favorite time of the year every since I was a little child.  It was always a time of singing, a time of giving and receiving wonderful gifts, a time together with the family and always a time to thank God for His greatest Gift of all... His Son, Jesus.  The Apostle Paul wrote, "Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!" 2 Cor 9:15

The sad song says, "I'll be home for Christmas... if only in my dreams."  But mine is a dream come true.  I have been able to return to California and Oregon to be with my family even when I have spent the greatest part of the years 2011 and 2012 in Argentina.


It couldn't get much better than this: Grandson Evan sang a medley of fun Christmas tunes with a group of ten teenage guys mostly from Modesto Christian School.






Michelle sang and played the keyboard while her dad, Tim, directed the worship team on Christmas eve.  









I got somebody to shoot this of me with my only two, very special grandkids on Christmas eve.




Then on Christmas Day we enjoyed exchanging gifts along with Cheryl's family.  And I got my part of the bunch in front of the tree for the family picture seen at the top of this blog.



Yesterday, Thursday, the 27th we drove to San Francisco for a fun afternoon and evening with my son, Ron and his wife, Elisabet.  













We enjoyed going through the Cable Car Museum and walking Pier 39 and finally a great Christmas/Birthday Dinner at the Fog Harbor Restaurant on the pier.  


Tim's birthday is December 30, mine December 31 and Elisabet's is in January.



Michelle (17) and Evan (15) are the best of friends.  I have never seen siblings enjoy each other so much as these two! 

Lord willing I will be able to see our other son, Mike, and his wife Mary in a few days at our New Year's celebration.  I expect to go north about 800 miles the first part of the year to be with other family members.  I should be able to see my sisters, Carol (widowed) 90 years old as of December 24 and healthy... and Joanne (83) and her husband, Don... plus a lot of nieces and nephews and cousins.

Have a wonderful 2013!  Plan to make it count for eternity!  


 Ralph


1 comment:

  1. Awesome pictures Pastor! Thanks for sharing your family moments with us. Safe travels & good times in OR for New Year's Eve.
    Blessings -

    ReplyDelete