Friday, December 13, 2013

Giving Others a Boost

I was shocked on Saturday to find this little church feeding about 90 children and adults when I arrived. Tables were everywhere on this borrowed school campus!  Young people were literally running back and forth to serve hungry neighbors in this needy area called Manuel Alberti.  

They do this at least once a week.  I asked where they get all the food.  The pastor answered, “Miracles!  Every week!” 


After lunch we did an hour of Children’s church, then after a 30 minute break, a full 1 ½ hour service for the “adults”… but it would be hard to miss the fact that most of the “adults” were youth!  



Check out this exciting serving-team surrounding Pastors Alicia y Mario Fleita!  


And now behold!  They change colors and become musicians for the "adult" service!  These teenagers are not from wealthy homes.  Many of their parents are not converted yet.  But they tell me they are already supporting missionaries!   

Giving others a boost!  That’s what I do.  That’s my job description.  But today I wondered, “Who’s boosting who?”

Ralph