Saturday, October 4, 2014

The Tiny Torch

At 8:30 AM this morning I ministered at the chapel of the Rey de Reyes Elementary School (K through 7th grades).  I was in heaven!   
Felipe told a Bible story about a man that lived in darkness until Jesus came by on the road where he was begging… and lighted up his life.  


These have to be among the sweetest and most attentive kids ever.  They sang “I Have  Decided to Follow Jesus” (in Spanish, of course) with gusto.  Then I helped them memorize my text John 8:12 “Jesus said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."  

I told them several stories about light and darkness and then produced my “tiny torch” so they would not forget it.  I challenged them to make a clear cut decision to follow Jesus and they would have the Light of Life with them all through their future so that they will not stumble into bad decisions in this dark world.  God was there!  The atmosphere was literally charged with the presence of the Holy Spirit.  I felt that many of them prayed sincerely for the Lord Jesus to “light up their life” forever. 


After the service some of the kids wanted to examine my little torch.  Some wanted to put their fingers in the flame to see if it was really hot


Then came the hugs… lots of hugs…


They were waiting in line to give me their hugs.  Welcome to Argentine love!  I was smothered in it!

From there I drove to the King’s Castle headquarters to enjoy a home cooked lunch with some of the Castle leadership.  Shari Babcock can cook up a healthy, delicious dinner for more than a dozen hungry youth in record time.  Record time?  Well, she may have slaved for hours.  How should I know?  I just sat down and the food appeared. Complete with cake! 

Some of these Castle Leaders had never seen Felipe… So Perfume and Felipe appeared for questions and answers.  Felipe’s answers require a lot of corrections, but we got through it.  I laughed more than anybody at his craziness.  I finally fought him into his case… and then came more serious questions and answers.  God is raising up these leaders that Kim and Shari Babcock are mentoring.  Then these, in turn, are raising up hundreds of teenagers all over Argentina, forming a literal army of dedicated young evangelists sharing one on one or preaching publically on the streets, in the parks, wherever.

Where are your teens today?

Ralph