Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sitting here bawling and typing

I’m heading back to the USA this evening. This past weekend has been awesome!

I cannot resist the feeling that I will be back here in Argentina soon. The opportunity is almost overpowering if such a thing is possible. As I look out upon the vastness of this ripened harvest field I feel quite like a farmer that sees the golden grain blowing in the breeze over his hundreds of acres of land stretching to the distant horizon. He cannot rise early enough to get at it. He is anxious, eager to get moving. He knows it is bigger than he is and will require getting many others involved. He will have to raise up many harvesters or it will be lost. Sleeping, eating and goofing around seem to lose their appeal. The harvest is waiting! My God! The harvest is waiting! If it was just wheat that would be one thing. But we are talking about the harvest of eternal souls. Oh God, wake me early… give me guidance… Here am I… send me!

Tears flow as I write these words. Please forgive me for being so emotional. You would have to have lived what I have lived this past weekend to fully understand. I’m a mess. New invitations, some to huge mega churches here, keep coming in. Yet I am drawn to the distant places at the edge of nowhere. I suppose I could stay here in the capital city of Buenos Aires and never exhaust the flood of opportunities. Wherever I go I find myself challenging men and women, youth and children to get involved in the harvest. I have never before in my ministry seen so much weeping and wailing at the altar calls. God is up to something. And whatever it is… may it touch this nation and extend to distant parts of this staggering planet!

What am I doing… sitting here bawling and typing? I've got to pack my bags and get myself to the airport... ha.

Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment