Sunday, June 17, 2012

¿Do Grandpas Qualify?

Last night I enjoyed visiting and ministering in a church of an old friend, Daniel Grasso.  Before church started and again at the close I got lots of hugs, some from former students when I had taught in their night Bible School many years ago. 

I don’t know what it is with teen-age girls, but almost everywhere I go they come running to give me hugs.  Then they pose with me… each one separately, while they hug-up tight and someone takes a photo with their cell phone.  If anyone ever gets all these Facebook pictures together in one place with me wrapped in the arms of teen-age girls… they might have a case to fire me… or else to prove that teenage girls need grandpas. 
The congregation had just been dismissed.  I had greeted a few people who ran up on the platform after church… then five of these teenage beauties ran up together and just stood there at arm’s length all grinning and looking at me without a word.  Then wham!  All the hugs hit all at once.  Some of them had just come from weeping at the altar of dedication.  Of course, cameras were clicking.  Sometimes they ask me if I can be their grandpa.  I never refuse.  If they need a grandpa… I can handle that. 

Happy Father's Day... ¿Do Grandpas qualify?

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment