Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Great Weekend of Fun

Saturday night, Jan 19: Ministry for Salinas, California Sanctuary Fellowship AG... Spanish Church      What a blessing!

Sunday morning, Jan 20: Ministry for Salinas Sanctuary Fellowship AG in English "Missions Emphasis."  No pictures, but I believe God was as work in many lives.

•Holiday Monday, Jan 21: Fun with Tim and Evan with Evan’s Honda trail bike

Now a few pictures:


Evan prepares for take off.


Now you see him... now you don't!
That tiny speck on the distant hill over there is Evan on his Honda.











"Grandpa, You want to try it?"  

I thought you'd never ask!  

Now Tim explains first, second, third and fourth gears.  

And that over there is the brake.  Nice to know!



Off I go... at "death-defying" speed!  I had not yet tried to use the brakes so I had to dodge some four-wheelers coming at me.  Actually I think I scared them into scattering in every direction... ha.


Truth is I never took it out of low gear... ha... and my "death-defying" speed was probably 20 mph. 

Now here I come up the hill and safely coast to a stop by the car.  

Mission accomplished!  I survived! 


Tuesday morning: Jan 22 Ministry at Salinas Sanctuary AG Christian School


I drove the 115 miles back to Salinas for their Christian school's early Tuesday morning chapel service.  School Director and interim pastor, Jim Wallace, who is helping me with Felipe in this photo, has been a close friend for years. 


I let the pre-schoolers pet Perfume, the Skunk.  It is so much fun to watch their faces when they reach out to touch her and she lifts her head quickly to try to kiss their hand!  I always warn them ahead of time that "she hardly ever bites."



I taught the students the chorus:
"We will carry the torch. We will lift high the flame.  We will march through the darkness with the light of His name... until the glory of God is seen by the world.  We will carry the torch of the Lord!  And, of course, I took along my "flaming" torch.
What a privilege it is, as a "retired" missionary with the Assemblies of God, to carry "Jesus, the Light of the World" into places of spiritual darkness in Latin America!  

May the Lord call many of the 125 beautiful children in this school to carry the torch, lighting up their world with the love and presence of Jesus!  This fifth grade class came to thank me and wanted me with them in their picture.

Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment