Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sending You a Winter Rose

Yes, I am sending you a rose.  It may look large, but it is really quite tiny.  It is especially for you sweet widow ladies that pamper me with warm hugs and even a delicious apple pie!  

The corsage I gave to Frances on our very first date, when she was sweet sixteen and I was seventeen, was made of three tiny yellow roses similar to this one.  And yellow roses became her favorite flower for life.  Our backyard has three different kinds of yellow rose plants.  We have had a very hard winter.  My fish pond has been frozen over during a whole week.  But at 7 AM before breakfast this morning I looked out in the back yard and this gorgeous specimen of God's delicate art smiled and said, "Good morning!"  So I grabbed my camera and captured its smile.  Sorry I can't include the perfume.  Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment