Sunday, February 3, 2013

There's No Place Like Home

Today, February 3, Missions Faith Promise Sunday, I was privileged to minister in Neighborhood Church Modesto, my home church.  What an honor!  In 2005 the growing congregation moved from their smaller building into the Modesto Christian High School gym.  

For 13 years now our son, Tim, has served on staff here as worship leader, which includes many other facets on the ministry, including producing short video productions.  Below you can click on the one Tim produced for today's Missions theme, "Why Should I Care.* 


I handed my little pocket camera to one of our members, who happens to be an excellent photographer.  He captured a few of the special moments.  One of them was when I asked my grandson, Evan, to hold the suitcase for Felipe.  It was his first time and he handled it like a pro.  The shot is from the back of the church (gym), but you can get the idea. (Click on picture to enlarge)





I liked this one that was taken from behind the stage while Tim (on right with the guitar) and his great worship team were on the platform prepared to lead the congregation in a song that I had requested just before preaching.




And then there is this shot that looks like I was saying, "The fish was THIS BIG!"  Which is not what I was saying.  I just can't talk without using my hands... ha.  

But God was there and His presence could be felt.  And although all the faith promise cards have still to be tallied up, we are believing for another step forward in mission support.

Ralph

See Tim's short video for today.  (He has produced many more.)  



Why Should I Care About Missions? from Modesto Neighborhood Church on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment