Sunday, February 24, 2013

“The Tree” and “St. John’s Chapel of the Valley”


Last Friday I was invited to minister at one of the first services of a new church being birthed in Santa Rosa.  Well known musician and composer, Pastor Rev. Bob Kilpatrick and recognized Bible teacher and musician, Chris Howard, have named their new effort “The Tree Christian Fellowship.”  Bob was out of town Friday, so Chris led the service.  

Frances’ brother, Ray Bingham was there with his wife, Joan.  I enjoyed eating with these precious servants of the Lord and staying the night in Santa Rosa in their lovely home.  Meet Ray and Joan in this picture.


St. John’s Chapel of the Valley is not a big church, but growing and “glowing.”  It is like an extended arm of Modesto’s Bethel Church only a couple of miles away.  It was such a pleasant experience for me this Sunday morning!  Pastors John and Neva Blakeley and staff welcomed me warmly.  I set up my lap steel guitar and joined in the great music.  Both Neva and John are excellent musicians and they have a team of top notch worship leaders.  Some of the songs were familiar and drew me back to my distant past.  Others were new to my ears.  Worship came easy.


A group of kids listened attentively to Felipe’s twisted version of a Bible story, which hopefully I straight- ened out for them.  I got the idea that the adults were taking it all in, too.  

Ministry is easy when among dear friends.  God showed up at the altar time and many of us felt His loving touch as we knelt and prayed.  Again a group gathered to pray for me at the close... as this will be my last planned preaching service before leaving for Argentina again in only 10 days.

********

Tonight I am including this picture I took a week ago when visiting our son, Ron and his wife, Elisabet in Felton.  Ron is sitting at his keyboard.  He started composing music when he was still a teenager.  I encouraged him to record all his new works at that time.  He has recorded scores of them, maybe hundreds, over the years.  Most do not have lyrics, just titles… like this 2 minute melody called “Angel Dream” which you can listen to by just clicking here if you wish: Angel Dream

Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment