Friday, March 18, 2011

The Finger of God

Unfortunately I cannot avoid witnessing all the terrifying current events. The news is everywhere. One cannot help but suffer for those who are suffering so. Now the shortage of food and water combined with the danger of radiation contamination makes us all realize how fragile our civilization really is. Our ancestors worked their hands to the bone just to survive. This generation has had it so easy (I among them), but now we are reminded that in one sweeping moment we can be placed back at square one… in a place where we can survive only with great effort.

It is interesting that one of the signs of the last days that Jesus emphasized was “earthquakes in diverse places.” So quickly we have had devastating earthquakes and tsunamis in rapid succession — Indonesia, Haiti, Chile and now Japan. And another sign was “wars and rumors of wars.” I can remember when many world leaders were announcing that we were now going to have a better world with united nations and peace for all. They couldn’t have been further from the truth. Jesus is certainly standing at the door awaiting his Father’s word. Maybe the Father is saying, “Just a few more days… a few more so that others may be conquered by My love and grace… so that my house may be filled!” Although He may come at any time, I feel impressed to encourage youth to work for Jesus now and prepare for full time ministry should there be a future. Again last night the altar was crowded to capacity with youth and adults on their faces in total surrender. As you know I am 79 years old and if He can give me a brand new fresh start, how much more these that are younger! Opportunity unlimited… ripened harvest! I requested that the power-filled youth group gather around and pray for me when I was in Comodoro. How can I miss-fire with this powerful backing! (see photo)


I had a beautiful trip from Bariloche to Neuquén today, about 5 hours of good highways and astoundingly scenery. In my attached photo you’ll see the rock formation called “The Finger of God” in the distance (see photo).

I purposely did not schedule a service tonight. Tomorrow I start in this new area in a church in Neuquén, then in a city somewhere not too far away, at least one service daily and two on Sunday. Monday I am to minister to about 80 ministers and wives. I will be here a week. The young Pastor Eliseo Ferreira received me royally and has placed me in a luxurious 9th floor apartment with all the wonderful gadgets… microwave, refrigerator, TV, computer and printer (although I carry my own computer and printer), beautiful view of the city… total comfort. I told him it was way too much, but he says it is the place that they always rent for their special speakers. Then tonight they took me out and stuffed me full of food. I feel like I won’t need to eat for a week… ha.

Ralph


Bariloche Dedication Service

No comments:

Post a Comment