Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spiritual Hold-up


I finished my ministry at the youth leaders camp this morning. They are “Castilleros” (King’s Castle Kids… a growing powerful AG youth movement now in many countries.) 72 fabulous dedicated youth, mostly teenagers! (See photo)

The time is now 2 AM and I’m back home in the hotel. I thought I was going to preach one service tonight at the mother church, but it was two, back to back. The adolescent youth… up to 19 yrs of age comprised the first group at 8 PM and then at 10 PM the youth group 19 and above. I guess none of these come on Sunday in order to leave room for others in their three back to back Sunday services 4 PM, 6 PM and 8 PM. So far my voice is miraculously holding up… three preaching services today and again three tomorrow. Then one every night this coming week. My voice may be reaching its limit. My strength is great. To me it is invigorating to preach. If I ever feel sick or exhausted I just get up and preach and never feel sick or weak again until after it is all over… ha. Go figure! Anyway, please keep “holding me up” in prayer.

Speaking of “holding me up”… at the youth leaders camp today I heard this testimony. This Christian “Castillero” kid was walking home late one night last week. He was approached by a bigger kid pointing a gun at him and demanding everything he had. He handed over his cell phone and was fishing around in his pockets for money. The big kid with the gun was very nervous and kept telling him to hurry up and to take off the back pack… “I want everything!” So this kid started to tell him… “Hey, Jesus loves you, man. He really can make a change in your life. He did it for me and he can do it for you, too.” And he kept talking about Jesus and his love. As he handed him his back pack… he offered to help him pray the sinner’s prayer to start a new life with Jesus. The robber now had everything this kid owned in his hands but was obviously jarred by what this Christian kid was saying. Finally he tucked his gun in his belt, handed the kid back all his stuff and agreed to join in praying the sinners prayer which he did right there on the street. After praying, the “would be robber” gave this Christian kid his address so that he can take along some friends and visit him this week.

So keep “holding me up”, but IN PRAYER… please, ha.

Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment