Thursday, June 2, 2011

Templo La Hermosa, Tijuana, Mexico

Tijuana, Mexico. I’m back in the hotel after tonight’s meeting. Great crowd for a Wednesday night! (See two photos)


It started at 6:30. The kids and adults, too, all loved Perfume and Felipe. After preaching, I opened the altars at about 8:50. Finally around 9:30 the pastor interrupted the prayer time to take up the offering. I felt kind of sorry about that, since many were still praying and I had not been able to get around to pray with all of them. I think he felt it was necessary and he probably was right. Several remained in prayer anyway.

Long after almost all the people had left, one mother was left sitting with a sleeping child in her lap. I came close and realized that she was weeping with tears just pouring. I stayed and prayed with her a while and then snapped her picture. She didn’t seem to notice. (See Photo)

Who knows what God was doing in her heart? I think it was something good. I was reminded of the night in 1962 when I was sitting in the balcony and had my little Mikey sleeping on my lap. It was a District Youth Convention and God had recently called me to Argentina. While many others were at the altars praying I sat there with my Mikey sound asleep and wept my way through to a very special experience with the Lord… far too much to tell tonight… but it helped prepare me for Argentina.

Be blessed!

Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment