Saturday, June 4, 2011

You Stayed with the Stuff

This morning I wrote this note to one of our long-term faithful supporters, but after reading it I realized that it belongs to many others of you, too, that have “stayed with the stuff.” See 1 Sam. 30:24 and the context: “As his part is that goeth down to the battle, so shall his part be that tarrieth by the stuff: they shall part alike.” Hallelujah!

I don’t know if you can ever know what a blessing it has been across all these years to have you guys as our faithful friends and supporters in prayer and finance. Every victory on the mission field was your victory, too. One day, not far in the future, you will receive the applause of the heavenly host while our King Jesus gives out His accolades to those who have faithfully “stayed with the stuff” and who, along with their prayer support, have passed the necessary supplies on toward the front lines. I confess that Frances and I have received so much honor here on earth from our mission leadership, our fellow laborers and our churches in both the USA and Argentina that I personally feel that I have already received my reward… and far more than I deserve! Your turn is coming soon!

This morning in my devotions I read Romans chapter 16 where the Apostle Paul names 24 of his fellow laborers and refers to many others without naming them. He mentions the good things they have done and how some had suffered for Christ’s sake. We all see and applaud the wonderful work that this first missionary apostle did, but he and the God Who inspired his writing did not want these precious men and women of his support team to go unnoticed.

Your grateful friend,

Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment