Thursday, June 2, 2011

Top Security at Oakland Airport

Hey!  This was too hilarious not to share with you.

Noon today and I’m in the Oakland airport from where I’m flying to San Diego.

As usual my little Felipe, who was sleeping calmly in his case, abruptly stopped the security belt when seen by the x-ray lady. She called a group of security people who gathered around to look. Then the conversation went like… “Sir, what is that in this case?” “I’m a ventriloquist. It’s my dummy.” “Can you make him talk?” “Only if you let me take him out of his suitcase.” The lady left the x-ray thing for someone else to operate.  She came to check it out. I opened the case and took Felipe out. He started talking to her in Spanish. “Hola! Yo soy de la Argentina,” He said. She answered him in Spanish, so now we knew that she was bilingual… and he kept the conversation going in Spanish. Then I heard this little rascal, Felipe, tell her in Spanish, “Este hombre que me tiene en sus manos no habla nada de español. El pobre no entiende nada de lo que estamos diciendo.” For you who need the interpretation thereof, he was saying:  “This guy that is holding me doesn’t speak any Spanish.  The poor guy has no idea what we are saying.”  At this, I interrupted in English. “Hey, Felipe, what are you telling this lady? You know that’s not true. I speak Spanish, too.” By this time I was caving in with laughter and so was the lady. Sometimes I don’t know what this little guy is going to say until he has already said it… ha. It was a struggle to get him back in his case.  He always protests.  And then I showed her my delightful skunk, Perfume, which she obviously enjoyed. Fact is, when Felipe is with me, I never know what dangers and/or joys await me at the security check.

Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment