Sunday, March 18, 2012

San Francisco "City Impact Ministry"

My great niece Jessica and her husband Derek Seaberg lead the charge for "Chi Alpha" at University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho. Last week they brought a team of 15 students to minister at Roger Huang's incredible "City Impact" in the heart of the tenderloin area of San Francisco. Already I had wanted to witness Roger's ministry there, so Thursday I drove to San Francisco to participate in their outreach.  Here we stand in front of the Jefferson building where we have just delivered groceries to occupants.  Each of their adopted buildings has a separate pastor assigned to visit them in their tiny apartments, learn their names and their needs and win these lonely, forgotten people to Jesus. They even carry hot meals to them.  We were able to pray with some of them.  Many of them are affected by a life of drugs and alcohol. All of them are precious to Jesus.  He died for them. 

Meet Roger, He keeps a low profile while allowing his team to minister. They have about 80 kids in a Christian school, they care for the needy... and there are many, they minister one on one to the addicts and destitute on the streets. They major in giving out the love of Jesus.








Jessica holds Felipe's case as he shares a Bible story during lunch-time at the school.
 






"Is that skunk real?"  I get that question many times.  I sometimes answer, "She's real soft."




Right there on the street the Idaho University Team laid hands on me and prayed for me... sending me with God's blessing and the anointing of the Holy Spirit back to Argentina once again. Thanks, team! I need all the prayer backing I can get.

Ralph