Monday, April 23, 2012

Circuit Ridin' Preacher

Frustration! So much happening and no time to record it!   Every day has been filled to capacity either preparing to minister, ministering or pushing my little "horse" to her limit... driving sometimes hundreds of miles.   Maybe I can at least share a few happenings.

--Missionary Don Exley’s church in Martinez, greater Buenos Aires, urgently needs to finish their new building with seating for 1,500.  I took the above panoramic photo while Don and his co-pastor Nathan Grams were serving communion. I literally could not find a place to be seated.  Many were standing around the sides.  Finally a thoughtful young man looked at my white head and gave me his seat.

 --On my final Sunday morning in the Buenos Aires area, April 15, Don invited me to preach.  I played the Old Rugged Cross on my Hawaiian guitar while they projected a rough sketch of the scene of Calvary that I had made years ago.  Back in those days it was my custom to do a painting on stage before preaching.




What a thrill just to witness what God is doing! I preached on the cross, “foolishness and an offense" for the lost and "the power of God unto salvation” for those who choose to embrace it.  At the close 12 newcomers came forward for salvation. Don can be seen praying with them at right.

--Villa Adelina, another suburb, only a few miles from Martinez.  Alberto Duran, a pastor’s son, was a teenage friend with my 3 sons.  They did crazy stuff like camp out in the delta islands eating whatever they could fish out of the water and oranges off the trees.  Now Alberto has served as a pastor for many years and has grandchildren of his own.  He held the suitcase while I got out Perfume and Felipe during a blessed Sunday night service, April 15. 


After church I got this spontaneous hug.  I get lots of them from little ones and I relish them... every one.


--San Vicente is a brand new work about 50 miles south of Buenos Aires.  Our Share Holders raised $4,000 to help them get started several months ago.  Here is Pastors Robustiano Acosta’s whole congregation as they hosted me for a special Monday night service in their rented hall, April 16.  

This teenager is a recent convert.  Obviously he loves holding the pastor's baby who is saying, “Hey, you’re not my daddy!”

Pastor Robustiano and His wife, Gisell.  Beautiful people!
(You can always click on photos to enlarge them.)

--Now 800 miles later, (after the Cordoba Leader’s Retreat) Saturday April 21, I’m ministering in Entre Rios province at another new church in the city of Gualeguay with Pastor Hugo Ramirez.  This shows just the kids that could fit in one frame. What’s with this friendly little gaucho named Felipe?!  Even many of the adults were pushing forward standing behind the kids with captured fixed attention.  

--Sunday AM, Gualeguaychu, I ministered with Pastors Claudio and Adriana Collazo, another of the works we helped to plant in the 90s by raising the funds to purchase the property and preaching the first meetings. 

--Sunday PM, last night, I ministered in another AG church in Gualeguaychu, with Pastor Pedro Segovia.  In 1994 we parked our large mobile home beside his church while we ministered throughout this area.  Last night we had a powerful Holy Spirit move at the altar time.  I finally got to bed at 1 AM.  

I was up and out at sunrise this morning when I captured San Martin, who liberated Argentina from Spain.  There he was... riding his horse in the plaza.

Tomorrow I’ll be privileged to minister in another church which we helped to plant years ago 50 miles further north in the city of “Concepcion del Uruguay.” 

Good night! 

Your very own "Circuit Riding Preacher."  Ralph