Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Making a Difference for Eternity


Last weekend I had the privilege again of ministering at the Monterey Assembly of God with Pastors Leonard and Gloria Trembley.

How do you get a congregation of 242 people squeezed into church on a Saturday morning?  For years the Trembleys have gone house to house reaching out to their area.  They have successfully planted "Jesus Loves Me Saturday morning Kid's Church."  Since the area has many Hispanics, they make the services bilingual.

There is scripture memorization with prizes and lots of fun things. 
But I am deeply impressed by the spiritual depth of these meetings.  At prayer time children come forward for special prayer. 

I lamented that I did not have my camera handy as Gloria got down on her knees to pray with a darling little girl.  I happened to hear just a few words of that prayer and I realized that this little girl was requesting the salvation of her parents. 

Later I went for my camera and captured this litle brother and sister as, with all seriousness, they placed their request to the Lord... perhaps also for their parents.

And it works!  

This beautiful family were separated and lost, but came to the Lord and were reunited because their boys wanted daddy to come with them to "Jesus Loves Me Kids Church." 

Pastor Leonard told me that practically all their Sunday adult congregation are fruit of the "Jesus Loves Me Kids Church!"

At the Saturday Kids Church I carried my "torch" as we sang,

"We will carry the torch. 
We will lift high the flame. 
We will march through the darkness
with the light of His name. 
Till the glory of God is seen by the world
We will carry the torch of the Lord.

And I preached on "Jesus the Light of the World"
John 8:12


Everyone's presence was recognized.  Every newcomer's name recorded.  Prizes are awarded to the one who brings the most new ones each month.  ("New ones" are those who have not attended there for 12 years). 

Yes, even these sweet baby twin girls count.  Jesus loves them, too.

Allow me to present to you what I consider one of the most effective teams for reaching children that I have ever met:  Senior Pastors Leonard and Gloria Trembley, shown here as they lead the Sunday morning worship.  There can be no doubt.  They are making a difference for eternity!

By the way their Saturday honorarium and Sunday morning special love offering covered my entire round trip fare back to Argentina!  Unbelievable but true!  Leaving date October 3, 2012

Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment