Thursday, August 9, 2012

On the Rocks

I spent the past few days at Yachats on the Oregon coast with son Tim and wife Cheryl and grandkids Michelle and Evan.  We enjoyed hiking the rock formations that reach out into the powerful ocean waves.  These are apparently volcanic formations with many shapes including tunnels below where the waves rush in causing explosive splashes. 

Tim, now 50 plus and his son Evan, 15 dashed about jumping from place to place… but I confess I don’t jump much anymore.  Actually jumping isn’t the problem.  I can still fly (I suppose).  It’s the “landing” that’s the problem… ha.  So from a high rock formation to a lower one I did not fly, although I admit I was tempted.  I lowered myself with great care and with one hand firmly on the rock and at least one foot on terra firma at all times… ha. 

We all enjoyed exploring the sea life in the tidal pools, plus running and relaxing on the sandy beach.

(Remember that you may always enlarge pictures by clicking on them.)

At low tide multicolored star fish, tiny hermit crabs and sea anemone were everywhere. 

Why did the Creator make some star fish yellow, some orange and others purple?  Why did he make certain sea creatures with such stunning artistic shapes and colors?  Maybe He did it just for fun… His and ours. 

Evan stood on a rock just above a small cave as each big wave was trapped and caused a small explosion.  Tim and I were taking pictures.  Then came the big one.  Tim caught it on video.  Evan totally disappeared behind the giant splash and came back laughing and drenched to the skin.

God is good... All the time!

Ralph

Note: To see a 4 minute video of this event click on https://vimeo.com/47429632

No comments:

Post a Comment