Monday, August 27, 2012

FavorDay Church in Anaheim

There are some things that just can't be described with words or even pictures.  Yesterday's experience at the FavorDay Church in the Anaheim Convention Center is one of them.

Saturday I drove 6 hours to Anaheim to participate in the Sunday morning service with Dante Gebel, an Argentinean Assemblies of God minister who rents the Anaheim Convention Center every Sunday and calls it FavorDay Church.  Everything is in Spanish, but earphones are supplied with a translator for those who speak only English.

It was truly an awesome experience! The 40 voice choir and musicians in the band were noticably annointed of the Lord and thus very inspiring. 



The worship time was so powerful that several times I was literally driven to fall on my knees...

... while most of the congregation of about 4,500 were standing, many with hands lifted. 



Dante’s lovely wife, Liliana, introduced me, telling how her life was affected by our ministry with Felipe when she was a little child growing up in Argentina and how she dedicated her life to the Lord. 

They brought about 500 kids to stand up front near the platform. 

After church Liliana wanted a photo of her with Felipe and me.  She does not seek the spotlight, but without doubt is, much like my Frances, a pillar of strength supporting her husband's ministry. 





Perfume only showed up briefly just to peak their curiosity… but Felipe did his thing singing and telling a Bible story. The audience participation was great!

I asked the translator to change his voice to sound like Felipe, when translating him and change back to my voice when I was speaking. Of course only the English speaking ones with earphones could here it, but he later told me that he kept getting mixed up with his two voices. I would love to have heard that! Ha!

Plus I had an opportunity to speak to an issue that I believe is valid. Dante and I had discussed this before the service. I think that sometimes the children need to be beside their Christian parents witnessing their mother and father in sincere worship… and from an early age encouraged to participate in that sincere worship. In fact, I believe that at least in the case of preachers like Dante, who is easy to listen to, the children (except babies) might best sit by their parents and hear the anointed message from God. Dante is planning to make some changes that may keep the children alongside their parents more in the future.  
 Almost 100 years ago when I was a wiggly, busy little kid, I sat by my mother and quietly drew pictures during the sermon… and to this day, I can remember the content of some great sermons preached by my pastor William Booth-Clibborn.  Many times I found myself, still a little child, down in front kneeling at the altar sealing that message deep into my soul with tears. 

Pastor Dante Gebel honored me far more than I deserve and then honored the Lord Jesus by preaching a pastoral message on “How to make good decisions.”  He used the scripture to touch on many practical issues.  And of course, there is that most important decision of all... which will determine our eternal destiny. 

 

They have a team of over 30 volunteer children’s workers that teach Sunday School.  Dante asked me to minister to them in the early afternoon.  It was a privilege to encourage these men and women that are dedicating themselves to molding little lives and modeling the love of Christ.  They are bringing forth “fruit that will remain”…  affecting little lives for time and eternity. 
 
Ralph

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment