Friday, June 6, 2014

35 Year Gap

This morning, Friday, June 6, I ministered in 3 back to back services in Martinez Family Christian Center's School. (Great church and school founded by Missionary Donald Exley).  







At 8:30 I had the 3 to 5 year olds. 







At 10 AM I had the 6 through 8 year old kids.






And at 11:40 AM the 9 through 11 year olds.  

I tried to adapt my message to each age group using three different presentations.  I admit I was challenged.  With about 60 kids in each of these age groups there are always a few that distract the others making it difficult for them to focus clearly on the message.


At the close, Debora, with the colorful dress, the lady pastor that serves as spiritual caretaker for the school, pulled me aside to tell me that she and her companion teacher, (seen here taking a picture) are over 40 years old now and were both saved under Frances and my ministry with Felipe in Missionette camps when they were about 8 years old.  

That represents about a 35 year gap between ministry effort and witnessing the results. Oh! But it is worth it! It would be worth it if only one of these beautiful children hugs my neck one day inside heaven’s gates.

Sometimes one thinks that due to distractions nobody is getting the message, then 35 years later you see that all our efforts were not in vain.  Debora, whose task is to facilitate each child’s growth spiritually and emotionally, told me that many of these children suffer severe trauma from broken and abusive homes. 


Ralph

PS. I have about 3 hours of teaching "world missions" in an extension Bible School tomorrow morning to 90 students, plus a service tomorrow night, followed by Sunday AM in a relatively new church and PM in still another.  I request your prayer covering for this very active weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment