Friday, June 6, 2014

Remember When...

Let me share with you this testimony that I just received via email. The baptismal photos include young Pastor Jose Manuel Carlos whom we had recently installed as the new pastor of La Boca church in late 1976.  Many young men and women in their mid and late teens were baptized that same day, May 1, 1977… results of 30 days of ministry in an open city park.  Some are now pastors of great mega-churches.  

Here is Graciela's encouraging email (Translated into English by my friend, Heidi Greissmann).

Dear Pastor Ralph:

Today, I remember you in a very special way, since 37 years ago you baptized me as a result of a very successful evangelistic crusade in the plaza Islas Malvinas in La Boca.  
Every year when the 1st of May comes around I remember my baptism (photo on right) and specially you, since I told you in the month of December when I saw you for the anniversary of the La Boca church, you always will be my pastor and you will always hold a very special place in my heart.  

What would have been my life if I had not heard you preach that summer night of 1977? 


Today, after these many years, I know that the LORD used you so that my mother and I came to the knowledge of Jesus our LORD and Savior. (Photo: Baptizing Graciela's mother) 

Thank you dear Pastor for giving us your love and for being an example with your life for all of us.  
At the present my husband and I attend the church in La Plata, in the church of Pastor Zucarelli.  I would love it if you could come some day and visit us!   

I attach  here a photo of my baptism. May the LORD keep blessing  you like He has done till now and much more. 
With all my love, 

Graciela Leguizamón.  

Note: I answered Graciela and requested this photo of her and her husband to include in this blog.  She included the above photo of her mother’s baptism, too.  Her mother is now with Christ.

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment