Saturday, November 5, 2016

Finding God

Wednesday 11-2-2016  Martinez, Province of Buenos Aires    
Today we read Job 23 – 24 and Mark 11 – 12

S.  Job 23:3 “If only I knew where to find God, I would go to his throne and talk with him there.”
Vs 8-10 "I go east, but he is not there. I go west, but I cannot find him. I do not see him in the north, for he is hidden. I turn to the south, but I cannot find him. But he knows where I am going. And when he has tested me like gold in a fire, he will pronounce me innocent. NLT

O. After Russia sent the first astronaut into space and brought him back alive, Dictator Nikita Khruschev gave a triumphant speech reinforcing the state’s anti-religion campaign, saying “Gagarin flew into space, but didn’t see any god there.” Gagarin himself was a member of the Russian Orthodox Church. He made no such declaration. Instead he commented on the colorful beauty of earth from space.
In sharp contrast on December 24, 1968 the crew of Apollo 8 read from the Bible as they obited the moon.  Below read the message of Bill Anders, Jim Lovell, and Frank Borman as broadcast from space to the earth that Christmas Eve.**  And take note… President Obama began his presidency by officially declaring that the USA is no longer a Christian nation… and he and his team has made sure that this could never happen again.

A. Job, battered by sickness and disasters, temporarily lost sight of God. Every time I see the marvelous colors in a sunset, the delicate hues in a flower or a mountain reflected in a crystal lake… I find God, the Creator of all this astounding beauty. The atheists and wild animals may see nothing in the sunset. They may trample the flowers under their feet. I am amazed at how I am made so differently from the animals… I can see the hand of God in His astounding creation every day.

P. God, last night I looked into the sparkling eyes of a little child and saw You. And as I was signing books for the purchasers after service, I was swarmed with darling little children so close to my elbow that my chair was often jarred causing my writing to jiggle out of place. A little 4 year old girl brought me a flower. I had to set my pen down to receive it and kiss her forehead. Oh Lord, help me never to lose my spiritual eyes… to see, in the beauties that surround me, My Lord and My God!  Amen.

Ralph
** Bill Anders
"We are now approaching lunar sunrise, and for all the people back on Earth, the crew of Apollo 8 has a message that we would like to send to you."
"'In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
‘And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
‘And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
‘And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.'"[4]
Jim Lovell 
"'And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
‘And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
‘And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
‘And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.’"[4]
Frank Borman 
"'And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
‘And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.'"
"And from the crew of Apollo 8, we close with good night, good luck, a Merry Christmas – and God bless all of you, all of you on the good Earth."[4







No comments:

Post a Comment