Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Just Taking It Easy

I am just taking it easy… trying to not preach more than once per day. I must keep my voice this time around.

Monday morning, Feb 7, I ministered to a group of about 40 King's Castle teenagers that have dedicated themselves to serve God above anything else. What a privilege to see them seek the Lord for a long time after the preaching! I am so thrilled with Kim and Shari Babcock, the missionary couple that is leading these kids and hundreds of others into a life of walking in the Spirit, hearing from God and being obedient to His voice.

Last night, Tuesday, I was invited to minister in another city to a group of about 14 couples who are what we call "pioneers" here. There are many more of them who will be arriving at this retreat later this week. But this small group is composed of the newest ones that are stepping out to start new churches. These first days are their "boot camp". The others already have been through "boot camp" and have started their churches. We met at the Nazarene Seminary campus where each year they rent the facilities for this retreat.

Once again last night the Lord moved in power and all of them sought His face for an extended time. At the close, nearing midnight, they presented me with a nice plaque which thanks me for being "Pioneer of the Pioneers in Argentina.” That title would be more appropriate for Rocco Ditrolio, the national leader of church planting. Then just before leaving I had them gather to take their picture (Rocco on right).

New Pioneers

These are choice servants of God. Most of these couples already have a group of converts gathering somewhere. I am hoping that sometime within the next 10 years I’ll be able to minister in each and every one of their new churches that are scattered all over this vast country. Ha! You thought I was slowing down. No way! I’ve got my feet on the blocks just waiting for the starting pistol shot.

This evening I fly two hours south to the city of Trelew in la Patagonia where I’ll borrow Missionary Eddie Echevarria’s car and once again have some wheels to hit the road. Running all over in taxi gets expensive… but yesterday one driver, Jorge Gonzales, was ready and ended up accepting Jesus as His Lord and Savior. That made it worth the 18 bucks… ha.

Ralph


Small Pioneers