Saturday, February 5, 2011

Where Is Home?

Today a good friend asked me, “Where is home?”

They say, “Home is where your heart is.” At this moment my heart is right here in Argentina where I just arrived at noon today, Saturday. I have settled into a nice little apartment, quite like the proverbial “prophet’s chamber,” that the Martinez church has so generously offered me. It is on the third floor right under the huge water tank. I do not plan to stay here even one full week, Lord willing. I want to get back down south to La Patagonia, pick up my borrowed car and hit the road. I have deliberately kept tomorrow (Sunday) open, not accepting an invitation to minister. I need to rest up after the exhausting 24 hour trip.

On Monday morning at 10 AM, however, I meet with about 40 (King’s Castle) teenagers for their morning devotional. The King’s Castle ministry, headed up by missionaries Kim and Shari Babcock, is setting hundreds of youth on fire for Jesus. Babcocks inspire them and then train them and send them back to their local churches to do evangelism through music, mime and drama in the parks and on the streets, visits to hospitals and homes for the aged, cleaning up the street trash in a neighborhood and much more. I’m asking God for a special word for them. So quickly… ever so quickly some of these teenagers will become our pastors, evangelists, missionaries and spiritual leaders. God is giving me the awesome opportunity to speak into their lives.

I invite you to take a moment to join me in prayer for something good to happen in their hearts.

Ralph (known here in Argentina as “Hermano Rafael”)

No comments:

Post a Comment