Saturday, July 23, 2011

She's Not Coming Back

A few days ago I drove to Sacramento and back, 3 1/2 hours round trip, for a business appointment. On the way back my radio just happened to land on a country music station and, because there was a steel guitar (used to be called Hawaiian guitar) playing in the background, I listened… mostly since I like to check out the style of other musicians. Well, the sad country song was all about how "She left me this time without any tears in her eyes and now I'm sitting here on the front porch steps looking down the road wondering if that meant she'll never come back." Suddenly the lyrics of this song hit me kind of hard because I know there is no chance that my darling is coming back. I was close to the cemetery where Frances was buried so, with that sad song still ringing in my head, I pulled off the highway and went once again to visit her graveside.
I knelt in the wet grass and bawled my heart out forever… well, not quite forever. Then I prayed in the Spirit and worshipped my wonderful Lord Jesus that has been holding me together so faithfully these past ten months. And I started to sing, “Speak my Lord. Speak my Lord. Speak and I'll be quick to answer Thee. Speak my Lord. Speak my Lord. Speak and I will answer ‘Lord send me.’" And once again I promised Him that I would seek His guidance and follow Him back to Argentina or wherever He leads me. The ticket is purchased and reserved. I arrive back in Argentina on August 24, Lord willing, and I don't expect to return to California until mid December.
It seems so sad, but true. She’s not coming back! But “Praise be to God” I’ll be meeting her again soon at the feet of Jesus! I hope to meet you there, too.

Ralph
Psalm 30:5 "Tears may flow in the night, but joy comes in the morning." GNB

No comments: