Thursday, May 3, 2012

New Beginning!

The first time we bowed before God in repentance and humility He said, “New chapter, my son!  Rise and start a new life!”  It was a glorious moment for each of us.  Yet as we continue to walk His path, He occasionally repeats that glorious moment with a similar message… something like, “Step into a new chapter, my child.  I am not finished with you.  Today I am giving you a new beginning… a brand new start in your life.” 

Several years ago, as I was facing retirement, I spoke briefly at our district council.  I said with tears, “If I could only turn the clock back and be 25 years old, I know what I would do.  I would return to Argentina where the harvest is so great and there so much need for harvesters.”  My intention was to inspire youth to leave all temporal things and pour their lives into ministry in world missions.  But at Frances’ passing God spoke forcibly to my heart, “What makes you think you have to be 25 years old?  You have the same energy you had when you were 40.  Rise up from your pity-party and go for it.  It’s not over yet until you hear the angels singing!”  Within 30 days I was back in Argentina and nothing has been the same since. 

Here I am at 80 years old and just getting started!  The Creator of it all has given me an incredible “new beginning!”

Hey!  Maybe He has a "new beginning" waiting for you!

Ralph

2 comments:

  1. Dear Caleb -
    God is not done with you yet. What mountain top fortress have you yet to take that God promised you the strength to do so 40 years ago? : )
    You're awesome Pastor! I hope I have the same strength you have now, when I am 80.
    God bless you, strengthen you, lead you -
    Chris Schneider

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Ralph,
    After Frances passed and I heard you were going back to Argentina, I knew in my heart that it was the right thing for you to do. It just made so much sense. Now after following your blogs for all this time, I can see that it was right. The results that you and God are getting are wonderful.
    There is no such thing as retirement in ministry, as you are finding out.

    Love always,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete