Tuesday, October 2, 2012

This Time of the Year...


This time of the year I am missing my darling Frances a lot.  She went to be with Jesus October 5th 2010. 
 
It was October 3rd when she lay there in our bedroom knowing that she was about to leave us, and she asked me to sing to her.  I gathered all the family that happened to be in the house at this moment, our son, Tim (a minister) and his wife, Cheryl, their kids (our only grandkids) Michelle 15 and Evan 13, Mike (our youngest son visiting from Seattle) and Nancy, Frances’ sister.  We circled her bed and began to sing.  Then all heaven came down into that room. We sang many of the old hymns and choruses that came to mind.  We worshipped.  We wept rivers.  And a strange mixture of heavy sadness, mingled with heavenly joy flooded over us.  
 
30 hours later only Nancy and I were there while Frances was struggling to breathe.  Nancy started singing and I joined her.  Again we could sense that we were not alone in that room.  God was there.  His presence was undeniable.  Frances tried to speak several times and finally got it out… just three last words.  “I love you!”  I was so overcome I could not even answer her.  And then in only seconds she was carried by the angels into the arms of Jesus.

This morning during my devotional, I was journaling as I always try to do, and it all seemed to happen again… the tears flowed like a river… God was here with me… and... Wow!  He still is!  Soon I shall see my Frances again.

Ralph 

1 comment:

  1. Pastor Ralph -
    That was beautiful. Thank you for sharing that with us. Know that you are in our hearts, thoughts & prayers.
    Can't wait to see you in Argentina again.
    Blessings upon you -
    Peace, comfort & grace

    Los Schneider
    Jujuy, Argentina

    ReplyDelete