Monday, March 11, 2013

Day 2... Gypsy Church

It was my second day in Argentina for this trip.  I have been invited to several of the many young churches that the Catedral de Fe (Cathedral of Faith) is starting.  This one is a Gypsy church.  


I loved it!  They were inaugur-ating their newly rented hall with a communion service.  


Gypsies often attend our regular churches, but usually seem more comfortable among their own culture and language.  These all speak Spanish as well, but I could not understand much of what was sung and said since they mixed both languages.   


They worshiped freely.  All the men sat on one side of the congregation and the women on the other. 




I had handed my camera to someone to take pictures of whatever.  Here is a beautiful young mother with her baby.  If you are offended by bosoms, you'll have to find another church... ha.  

Later at the prayer time around the altar God touched one brother who laid on his face on the floor weeping heavily.  His wife knelt beside him, and finally helped him up.  Dear people!  Highly emotional people!  Very expressive people!





After church they insisted that I drive with them to the pastor's home for a meal.  It was around midnight.  The young pastor, Nelson Pappadolulos with his arm around me is sitting with his pretty blonde wife.
  
They all showered me with love and appreciation!

Ralph