Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Day 3 in Greater Buenos Aires

It was Saturday afternoon, March 9, my third day in Argentina.  The Cathedral of Faith of El Talar (one of many outreach churches of the Central Cathedral of Faith) was doing their regular children's evangelism in the plaza near their church.  The leaders were overjoyed when I volunteered to show up with Felipe for the kids, their parents and bystanders.  



Attention was total, so I took advantage of that fact to present a brief message, an explanation of the Gospel and then prayed with them.  Behind me, just across the street is the Roman Catholic Church.  You may notice that I am soaked to the skin.  Humidity was high and during church later that night a powerful thunder storm broke loose.  





Safely inside the El Talar Cathedral of Faith that Saturday night, March 9, we enjoyed a powerful service.  Nobody seemed to even notice the shattering explosions of thunder and pouring rain outside.  



Again Perfume and Felipe did their thing.  




And like many times the teen-agers and college age youth were the first to run to the front, drop to their knees and give it all to God. 

Truth is I am in the finishing stages of my journey, but these children and youth have a whole life ahead to surrender to Christ.  Who knows what God is up to!  I don't pretend to be a prophet, but if Jesus tarries a few more years I foresee an energetic, dedicated generation, loaded with novel ideas, reaching out to the lost of the world with Christ's message of love and grace. 

Go for the gold, guys!  

Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment