Thursday, March 28, 2013

Las Grutas (The Grottos) Beach


Today I am at a beautiful beach called Las Grutas, meaning “The Grottos.” 


It gets its name from the steep bank that drops to the beach and is filled with little caves carved out by the winter waves of the ocean.  It is a pretty little tourist city.  My view from my hotel balcony (above) is awesome.  


I went down and walked up the beach this morning letting the rising tide splash up to my knees.  The water is much warmer than I would have expected.  Summer is past.  This is fall here, but winter is still several months away. 



At dawn this morning I watched the sunrise just over the right side of this picture.  We westerners are used to the sun setting over the Pacific Ocean.  Here the sun rises over the Atlantic Ocean and sets over the desert hills of Patagonia.



I ministered last night, Wednesday, in two churches, both in the nearby city of San Antonio Oeste.  First service at 7 PM to children only (I will have their adult service on Friday evening).  



Then I rushed to another AG church for their service at 8:30 PM.  In that service I spoke on the importance of the love union among families and at the close gathered them in family groups and to pray a blessing over them all.  

It is marvelous how the people show such love and appreciation for my visits.  It has been about 2 years since my last ministry visit to these churches.  From here I continue traveling south,  ministering in churches in every little town and city as I go. 

When in beautiful places like this and especially when I looked up last night at the stunningly clear full moon… I really miss my darling, Frances.  Yet I have to thank the Lord and say, “What a privilege to enjoy such a blessed retirement plan surrounded with the Argentine people that we both learned to love so much!” 

Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment