Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Smiling Princess

After 3 hours at 70 to 80 mph on the road I was driving down the highway only ten minutes away from my destination for ministry, Punta Alta near the Atlantic coast. 

Suddenly I had to stop!  It was impossible to pass up this marvelous piece of art.  It had no sign out front, no indication of life.  It seemed to me that it had to have been the castle of a mighty king.

I parked and stepped out to take a picture.  After my first shot I realized that I had just captured a little girl who happened to step in sight at the click of my camera.  I waved at her and she waved back.  Then she disappeared.  

I shot the building from several angles and with telephoto lens tried to pull up the tiny faded ancient picture on the front.  (Click on pictures to enlarge.)



The main gate was in poor shape like all the rest of this magnificent structure.  


Anybody looking for a "fixer-upper"?

This morning in my hotel I looked at that first picture and enlarged just the part of the little girl and to my pleasant surprise, I see that my "Little Princess" was smiling!

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment