Monday, December 19, 2016

Are you a follower or a leader?

Friday 11-11-2011 City of Rosario, National Assemblies of God Conference    
Today we read Psalm 122 and 1 Cor 9 - 11

S.  1 Cor 11:1 And you should follow my example, just as I follow Christ's. NLT

O. Paul was both a follower and a leader.  He knew Who’s example he should follow and was aware of the responsibility to have hundreds and, yes, thousands of followers.

A.  I, too, am both a follower and a leader. We all are, whether we like it or not. Many are following the habits of their parents. Their dad was a drinker and beat up on their mother and they are most likely to do the same if they also become a drinker. Or their mother was a friend to everyone and kind to children and you are the same. History seems to repeat itself in the following generation. I was fortunate to have Christian parents. My big brother was my hero.  He was 11 years old than me.  Played the piano beautifully, got top grades in school, and was a self-disciplined Christian in the military service.  I had a head-start over many. I was following a good example.

P. Dear Lord, You gave me a loving Christian mother and father.  Many do not have the same advantages.  Even so, I cannot say, like Paul, “Imitate me, as I imitate Christ.” I can only encourage others to look to You and follow You.  But I do ask You to help me be a careful follower of Yours and that my influence on others may draw them toward You.  Amen.


Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment