Monday, December 19, 2016

Kissed by Your great love

Saturday 11-12-2016 City of Resistencia, northern Argentina   
Today we read Job 37 - 38 and 1 Cor. 12

S.  Job 38:8-11 "Who shut up the sea behind doors when it burst forth from the womb, when I made the clouds its garment and wrapped it in thick darkness, when I fixed limits for it and set its doors and bars in place, when I said, 'This far you may come and no farther; here is where your proud waves halt'?

O.  Job is full of wonderful poetry or prose, but these words shown as God speaking are awesome indeed.  The majesty of the creation and the movement of the elements are described in marvelous pictorial language.

A.  And I am made to feel small, powerless beneath the hand of the great Creator Who is speaking.  The mighty sea waves crash their breakers against the cliffs and as I watch in wonder and I know that God is behind it all.  My heart sings with a melody divine as I have been privileged to meet this mighty Creator and become a part of His handiwork and through the love and mercy of His Son even to participate as a player on His team!

P.  Oh!  Marvelous Lord God of heaven: The works of Your hands declare Your glory.  All of this is far above the reach of my imagination.  I cling to You as a little child clings to his mother.  I know that I am nothing but another creature of Your hands until I have been kissed by Your great love.  Carry me in your arms.  Lift me up out of my erring ways and use me for Your glory both now and forevermore!  Amen

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment