Sunday, August 21, 2011

Gotcha Covered!

The past few days I have been basking under the covering of the prayers of God’s choicest saints. Thursday it was the students and leadership of the School of Urban Ministries in Oakland as they gathered around me at the close of that great meeting. Then again last night, after I had ministered to the nice group of seniors at my home church, Neighborhood Church in Modesto, they gathered and prayed for me.

Finally this morning at the main service of Neighborhood Church, Pastor Lance Lowell called me to the platform to send me away with the blessing of the Lord. And to cap it off, it was my son, Tim, who serves on the pastoral staff there that stood behind me, with his guitar hanging on his shoulders and led in that prayer! That was an awesome moment that I will treasure. Frances and I have prayed daily for each of our three sons for years, but it was powerful to sense this gift of love as Tim led in prayer for his dad.

Ralph