Saturday, August 27, 2011

Vehicle Already Purchased!

There is no doubt! The prayers of my spiritual partners are heard in heaven! One wrote that they would be praying that I would find the right car quickly. I arrived in Buenos Aires last Wednesday and on Thursday found a 2000 model Peugeot car with only 35,500 miles on it, which is very unusual. It was being sold by a used car dealer for a private owner. It is 11 years old, but appears to be in excellent condition, almost like brand new! It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles that some do, (no electric locks or electric windows) but the engine is diesel powered, whereas many Peugeots are gasoline powered. The diesel engine is a benefit here since they usually keep running about 100,000 miles further than the gasoline powered engine before needing rebuilding. Besides diesel fuel is cheaper per gallon in most places here and a gallon typically takes you further than a gallon of gasoline.

The low mileage and general excellent condition, the diesel engine, the large trunk allowing space to carry my Hawaiian guitar, accordion, amplifier and suitcases out of sight and the fact that is not a fancy car that will attract attention, convinced me that I had found what I was seeking. It is almost identical to the one Missionary Eddie Echevarria has loaned me during my last two trips here, only this one is several years newer than his.
I had thought that I might have to spend up to $20,000 or even more for a reliable vehicle, but I purchased this car for $9,600 (and $2,072 of that was supplied by a special offering from Pastor Wayne Clark's 1st AG in San Antonio Texas)! I will still spend some money on it however. It is due an oil and filter change and new serpentine belt. Next week I intend to complete the registration and add an alarm system and electric locks for security.

I am staying in the prophet’s chamber above the Martinez Church and Christian School and have committed myself to minister to the children here next Friday morning. Some of the teachers remember Felipe since when they themselves were little kids. They came running to greet me with their Argentine kisses on the cheek. One darling little school girl who remembered me with Felipe from last February, came running up to me with a big hug and just hung on! That made my day complete!

I just can’t stop thanking the Lord for His many blessings! He just keeps raining them down on me non-stop!

Ralph