Sunday, August 28, 2011

"Pull the Plug!"

I made up my mind to take it easy on my voice these first 10 days or so here in the Buenos Aires area accepting very few of many tempting invitations. This morning I preached in a very nice little church. The pastors, Juan and Silvia Ferrer, are the ones that picked me up at the airport, helped me find a car and this coming week will be helping me do several other things to prepare for my long trip into the interior. I surprised them by offering to minister at their church in Boulogne this morning. They and their people received me with great joy.





I have only preached there once before. I did a trial run and gave them the full package, the whole shebang; played my Hawaiian guitar, taught a chorus with my accordion, my little skunk Perfume charmed the little kids, Felipe did a Bible story and of course I prayed with the kids.
Then I preached. My voice held up quite well. At the very end it was clogging up and cutting out a little, so I cut my message down to 45 minutes or so… ha. Maybe it was the Lord telling me to “Shut the machine down, look for the off-switch! Can’t find it? Just pull the plug!” But it is really hard to stop when the people are so obviously into it with you. In many of the Argentine churches they are accustomed to 3 hour services or even much more and seem to feel cheated if you cut the message too short.

Have a great day!

Ralph