Thursday, August 18, 2011

Oakland's "School of Urban Ministries"

Although I have been trying to reserve my voice for ministry in Argentina, I could not resist the invitation to minister again at Oakland’s School of Urban Ministries. SUM is an exciting center of theological learning which couples classroom education with practical ministry. For me, each visit has been an exciting, blessed experience.
Of course, Felipe had to show his face. Reverend Ken Searle, Dean of Student Ministries held the famous suitcase.




And my accordion did its thing as I presented them with an old chorus that was new to them.





About sixty students listened to the challenge… not just with their ears, but also with their hearts as I shared a brief testimony.





In response to the altar call their lives were scattered on the floor like seeds planted in the earth. God’s eternal law of the harvest guarantees “much fruit”. So tighten your seat belts for take-off… as God is up-to-something bigger and better than you expect.




Some of these students, armed with the Holy Spirit of God, will become “world-changers.”
At the close the service, Rev. Ken Searle and Mrs. Jimenez, Dean of Student Life, joined the entire group of students as they prayed for me. Believe me! I need all the prayer backing I can get as I set out next week for almost four months of concentrated ministry in Argentina.

By the way, if you are looking for a serious Bible School that is on fire for Jesus… I encourage you to go online and check out SUM, the “School of Urban Ministries in Oakland.”

Ralph