Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Make it right… NOW!


 Sunday 11-20-2016 Posadas City, northern Argentina   
Today we read Matt 5 - 7

S.  Matt 5:23-25 "So if you are standing before the altar in the Temple, offering a sacrifice to God, and you suddenly remember that someone has something against you, leave your sacrifice there beside the altar. Go and be reconciled to that person. Then come and offer your sacrifice to God.” NLT

O.  Jesus is saying something like: “If you have a broken relationship with someone, God does not want your puny sacrifice.  Go humble yourself and heal that injury first. Now God will honor your sacrifice.”

A.  Jesus sees my relationship with my boss, my wife, my employee, my teacher, my pupil and my neighbor to be of vital importance.  Why?  He clarifies the reason why in verse 16: “Let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.” NLT  Wow! I represent my Heavenly Father.  I am His ambassador.

P.  Yeah, but God, he started it. He was in a bad move and took it out on me. He was the guilty party, not me!  All I did was give him some of his own medicine.  What’s that You are saying?  “Go to him and admit that your attitude was not right… in fact, it was nasty and sinful.”  But God, he lives clear over on the other side of town. “So, what! Go make it right, face to face!” Okay, but… “Erase that ‘but’ or I’ll make you go wash his feet.” Okay, God, okay, okay… now give me a right attitude and please go with me.  I can’t do this alone.  Amen.


Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment